Thursday, June 05, 2014

Junket

Even as the theatrical release of 'A2-B-C' in Tokyo has just been extended by three weeks (INFO) and additional post-screening events are being planned, the distributor is getting ready for the so-called "road show".  This is when 'A2-B-C' will go on the road and take up residency in theatres across Japan.

For part of the promotion ahead of the release in the Kansai cities of Osaka and Kyoto, I was flown flown down to Osaka this morning to visit one of the cinemas where 'A2-B-C' will be screening.  For four hours I sat in a meeting room while reporters, journalists and radio broadcasters filed in one-by-one to interview me.  Then, before I knew it, the day was over, and like I have done with so many of my blogs over the past year, I am now writing this from the airport waiting for my flight home...


This was the fist time for me to be interviewed by so many people in such a short time, but it was a really interesting experience.  Being asked questions forces me to not only think about what it is that I do, but also to articulate that into words.  And more than once I found myself saying "I hadn't thought of that before.  Thank you for asking" before sharing a memory that had been hidden away even from me.

'A2-B-C' opens on July 5 in Osaka (cinema info HERE), and on the same day, it will also open in Kyoto (HERE).

No comments: