Thursday, January 17, 2013

Fathers and sons.

My dad has been in Japan for the last three and a half weeks.  He left today.

We had many adventures together, traveling from Sapporo to Nagasaki and flying on a 787 (before they were suddenly grounded!).  We met lots of wonderful people along the way and partook in countless delicacies.  But most of all, we just enjoyed hanging out together, father and son.




After watching my documentary "Jake, not finished yet" (trailer HERE), someone who was familiar with some of my other work once asked me, "What is it with you and this theme of mothers and sons?"

These weeks with my dad have been so important to me and make me think: what is it that made this time together with my dad so special?

Fathers and sons.

2 comments:

「」 said...

It was sad to read about the death of your Mom, Mr.Ian, therefore the more I'm glad to see another post about your Dad. You are a wonderful son. You are a wonderful family, so full of love and respect. Full of mutual pride also, I'm sure. All the best, enjoy the life.

Ian Thomas Ash said...

N., thank you for your kind words of condolences. Peace, Ian