Monday, July 09, 2012

"In Containment" Part 2 uploaded

I have just uploaded part 2 of "In Containment", about the current situation in Minamisoma, Fukushima.

When I was in Minamisoma last month filming this series, I heard that National Diet member Shinjiro Koizumi (son of former Japanese prime minister Koizumi) was in town to conduct an inspection of the evacuation zone.  He was also visiting some temporary shops set up for the evacuees of the March 11 disaster, so I went there to meet and interview him.   While there, I felt he was displaying questionable demeanor towards the victims, so later I went to interview the evacuee who was chosen to give Koizumi flowers during his visit and was on the receiving end of his brand of humour to ask her what she thought of his visit.  

At the end of Part 2, Hiroshi, whom some of you may recognize from the documentaries I filmed in Minamisoma last year, prepares to take me into the 10km evacuation zone.

No comments: